Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Kid's Views

One Day at a Creative Workshop


It was a Sunday. The morning was overcast and grey. This was my day to be spent at a creative workshop along with my friends. It was held at the M.G.R. Janaki School in Arcot Road . The workshop was organised by two wonderful people, Binita aunty and Gargi aunty. Srivi aunty conducted the workshop. I left home with my bag filled with paints, palette, old newspapers, pencil box and, of course, my little lunch bag.

There were 19 of us and we were split into groups. We all started off by playing a game called Story Pond. It was fun.

It was amazing what we could come up with during Creative Time.

Each of us was told to draw a monster. I ended up drawing a two headed demon. I thought he looked scary. By then it was lunch time and we all sat around in the auditorium and opened our lunch bags. I was really hungry.

We then had to write and illustrate a story. The title of my story was The Intelligent King. My story was about the Jungle King, a lion, saving the forest from being cut down. The King was worried that there were no rains and the forest kept disappearing. So he finally chased away the wood cutters and along with all the animals protected the forest.

My friend Varun wrote about a football game with his friends. My other friend Nishi wrote a story about a day at the beach.

We displayed our work at the end and our parents were quite proud of what we’d done.We all enjoyed our day at the creative workshop. I hope we can do this again.

Pranav Jayaram

V A

Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School

Chennai


No comments:

Post a Comment